ted演讲稿教育

来源:演讲 发布时间:2015-06-25 点击:

ted演讲稿教育篇一

TED演讲稿

When we're designing new products, services or businesses, the only time you'll know if they're any good, if the designs are good, is to see how they're used in the real world, in context.

I'm reminded of that every time I walk past Highbury Fields in north London. It's absolutely beautiful.There's a big open green space. There's Georgian buildings around the side. But then there's this mud trap that cuts across the middle. People clearly don't want to walk all the way around the edge. Instead, they want to take the shortcut, and that shortcut is self-reinforcing.

Now, this shortcut is called a desire path, and it's often the path of least resistance. I find them fascinating, because they're often the point where design and user experience diverge.

Now at this point, I should apologize, because you guys are going to start seeing these everywhere. But today, I'm going to pick three I find interesting and share what actually it reminds me about launching new products and services. The first is in the capital city of Brazil -- Brasilia. And it reminds me that sometimes, you have to just focus on designing for a real need at low friction. Now, Brasilia is fascinating. It was designed by Niemeyer in the '50s. It was the golden age of flying, so he laid it out like a plane, as you can see there. Slightly worryingly, he put most of the important government buildings in the cockpit. But if you zoom in, in the very center of Brasilia, just where the point is there, you see it's littered with desire paths. They're absolutely everywhere.

Now, they thought that they had future-proofed this design. They thought in the future we wouldn't need to walk anywhere -- we'd be able to drive -- so there was little need for walkways or pavements. But as you can see, there's a real need. These are very dangerous desire paths. If we just pick one, in the middle, you can see it crosses 15 lanes of traffic. It won't surprise you guys that Brasilia has five times the pedestrian accident rate of your average US city. People are resourceful. They'll always find the low-friction route to save money, save time.

Not all these desire paths are dangerous, I was reminded flying here when I was in Heathrow. Many of us get frustrated when we're confronted with the obligatory walk through duty-free. It was amazing to me how many people refused to take the long, meandering path to the left, and just cut through to the right, cut through the desire path.

The question that's interesting is: What do designers think when they see our behavior here? Do they think we're stupid? Do they think we're lazy? Or do they accept that this is the only truth? This is their product. We're effectively

co-designing their product. So our job is to design for real needs at low friction, because if you don't, the customer will, anyway.

The second desire path I wanted to share is at the University of California. And it reminds me that sometimes the best way to come up with a great design is just to launch it. Now, university campuses are fantastic for spotting desire paths. I think it's because students are always late and they're pretty smart. So they're dashing to lectures. They'll always find the shortcut. And the designers here knew that. So they built the buildings and then they waited a few months for the paths to form. They then paved them. (Laughter) Incredibly smart approach. In fact, often, just launching the straw man of a service can teach you what people really want.

For example, Ayr Muir in Boston knew he wanted to open a restaurant. But where should it be? What should the menu be? He launched a service, in this case a food truck, and he changed the location each day. He'd write a different menu on the side in a whiteboard marker to figure out what people wanted. He now has a chain of restaurants. So it can be incredibly efficient to launch something to spot the desire paths.

The third and final desire path I wanted to share with you is the UNIH. It reminds me that the world's in flux, and we have to respond to those changes. So as you'll guess, this is a hospital. I've marked for you on the left the Oncology Department. The patients would usually stay in the hotels down on the bottom right. This was a patient-centered organization, so they laid on cars for their patients. But what they realized when they started offering chemotherapy is the patients rarely wanted to get in cars. They were too nauseous, so they'd walk back to their hotels. This desire path that you see diagonally, formed. The patients even called it "The Chemo Trail." Now, when the hospital saw this originally, they tried to lay turf back over it, ignore it. But after a while, they realized it was an important need they were meeting for their patients, so they paved it.

And I think our job is often to pave these emerging desire paths. If we look back at the one in North London again, that desire path hasn't always been there. The reason it sprung up is people were traveling to the mighty Arsenal Football Club stadium on game days, from the Underground station you see on the bottom right. So you see the desire path. If we just wind the clock back a few years, when the stadium was being constructed, there is no desire path.

So our job is to watch for these desire paths emerging, and, where appropriate, pave them, as someone did here. Someone installed a barrier, people started walking across and round the bottom as you see, and they paved it.

(Laughter)

But I think this is a wonderful reminder as well, that, actually, the world is in flux. It's constantly changing, because if you look at the top of this image, there's another desire path forming.

So these three desire paths remind me we need to design for real human needs. I think empathy for what your customers want is probably the biggest leading indicator of business success. Design for real needs and design them in low friction, because if you don't offer them in low friction, someone else will, often the customer.

Secondly, often the best way to learn what people really want is to launch your service. The answer is rarely inside the building. Get out there and see what people really want.

And finally, in part because of technology, the world is incredibly flux at the moment. It's changing constantly. These desire paths are going to spring up faster than ever. Our job is to pick the appropriate ones and pave over them. (Applause)

ted演讲稿教育篇二

TED演讲稿

好了,我们即将潜入海底深处。

We're going to go on a dive to the deep sea,

任何一个有过这种美妙机会的人都知道

and anyone that's had that lovely opportunity knows

在这两个半小时的下降过程中,

that for about two and half hours on the way down,

是一个完全漆黑的世界。

it's a perfectly positively pitch-black world.

我们透过窗户会看见世界上各种最神秘的动物, And we used to see the most mysterious animals out the window

各种无法形容的动物。这些闪亮着的光, that you couldn't describe: these blinking lights --

完美地构成了如萤火虫般发光的世界。 a world of bioluminescence, like fireflies.

研究保护协会的Edith Witter博士

Dr. Edith Widder -- she's now at the Ocean Research and Conservation Association --

发明了一种照相机,

was able to come up with a camera

这种照相机可以拍下这些令人难以置信的生物。 that could capture some of these incredible animals,

这就是你现在在屏幕上看到的。

and that's what you're seeing here on the screen.

他们全部都是生物发光体。像我说的,就像萤火虫一样。

That's all bioluminescence. So, like I said: just like fireflies.

这是个会飞的火鸡,在树下。(笑声)

There's a flying turkey under a tree. (Laughter)

我知道我现在像是个实习期的地质学家,不过我就是喜欢。

I'm a geologist by training. But I love that.

你可以看到这些生物发出的光,

And you see, some of the bioluminescence

有些是为了避免被吃掉。 they use to avoid being eaten,

有些又是为引诱食物上钩。 some they use to attract prey,

尽管如此,用艺术的角度来看,这些都如此神奇。 but all of it, from an artistic point of view, is positively amazing.

再来看看这里发生了些什么—— And a lot of what goes on inside ...

这条鱼有着会发光,闪烁的眼睛。

there's a fish with glowing eyes, pulsating eyes.

有些颜色则可以催眠。

Some of the colors are designed to hypnotize,

多么有趣的图案。这是最后一个:

these lovely patterns. And then this last one,

也是我的最爱,像转轮一样的设计。 one of my favorites, this pinwheel design.

每一次潜水都充满着惊喜。

Just absolutely amazing, every single dive.

这正是一个未知的世界。到今天为止,我们只探索了其中的极小部分,

That's the unknown world, and today we've only explored about 3 percent

大约只占了所有海洋的3%。 of what's out there in the ocean.

到现在,我们已经发现了世界上最高的山峰, Already we've found the world's highest mountains,

最深的峡谷,

the world's deepest valleys,

水下湖,水下瀑布,

underwater lakes, underwater waterfalls --

还有我们刚才看到的。

a lot of that we shared with you from the stage.

然而,恰是我们曾经以为根本不可能有生命的地方,And in a place where we thought no life at all,

我们发现了众多的生物,还有它们的密度和多样性,

we find more life, we think, and diversity and density

都超过了热带雨林。这告诉我们

than the tropical rainforest, which tells us that

我们实际上对自己的星球还不甚了解。 we don't know much about this planet at all.

还有剩下的97%,那里要不就是一片荒芜,要不就是充满惊喜。

There's still 97 percent, and either that 97 percent is empty or just full of surprises.

不过我现在还是想说说浅水里的世界, But I want to jump up to shallow water now

来看看那些神奇的生物。

and look at some creatures that are positively amazing.

头足类动物,有头有角。小时候我把他们当作是枪乌贼。

Cephalopods -- head-foots. As a kid I knew them as calamari, mostly. (Laughter)

这是一条章鱼。 This is an octopus --

这是来自Roger Hanlon博士,海洋生物实验室的成果。

this is the work of Dr. Roger Hanlon at the Marine Biological Lab --

这些头足类动物真令人着迷,

and it's just fascinating how cephalopods can,

它用它们的眼睛,它们那难以置信的眼睛来观察周围的环境,

with their incredible eyes, sense their surroundings,

看光,看图案。

look at light, look at patterns.

这有只章鱼正在穿过礁石。

Here's an octopus moving across the reef,

找到一个位置,停下来,卷起,然后马上消失在背景之中。

finds a spot to settle down, curls up and then disappears into the background.

这很难做到。 Tough thing to do.

接下来,再来一起看一对鱿鱼。

In the next bit, we're going to see a couple squid.

这就是鱿鱼。当雄性鱿鱼搏斗时,

These are squid. Now males, when they fight,

如果它们想要显示出自己的侵略性,它们就变为白色了。

if they're really aggressive, they turn white.

这有两条雄鱿鱼在搏斗。

And these two males are fighting,

它们用撞屁股的方式来搏斗,

they do it by bouncing their butts together,

真是挺有意思的方法。这里有一条雄性在左边, which is an interesting concept. Now, here's a male on the left

雌性在右边。

and a female on the right,

看,这条雄性能有办法利用颜色把自己分为两半, and the male has managed to split his coloration

所以雌性只能看到它温顺,优雅的一边,

so the female only always sees the kinder gentler squid in him.

雄性-- (笑声)再来看一次。

And the male ... (Laughter) We're going to see it again.

让我们再看一次。注意它的颜色:

Let's take a look at it again. Watch the coloration:

白色在右边,棕色在左边。

white on the right, brown on the left.

它后退一步,让其它的雄性无法靠近

He takes a step back -- so he's keeping off the other males{ted演讲稿教育}.

来到另外一边,并且马上转换颜色。

by splitting his body -- and comes up on the other side ...

瞧!以前有人告诉我 Bingo! Now I'm told that's

这个雄性特征不仅仅是在鱿鱼身上,不过我也不太确定。

not just a squid phenomenon with males, but I don't know.

墨鱼,我很喜欢墨鱼。这是一只巨型澳大利亚墨鱼。 Cuttlefish. I love cuttlefish. This is a Giant Australian Cuttlefish.

看它,看它那双无精打采的眼睛。

And there he is, his droopy little eyes up here.

不过它们能做很神奇的事。

But they can do pretty amazing things, too.

我们马上就能看到它退入到礁石的夹缝中去, Here we're going to see one backing into a crevice, and

注意它的触角。 watch his tentacles --

它就这样把触角拉进来,使自己看起来像海藻一样。he just pulls them in, makes them look just like algae.

刹那就消失在背景中。

Disappears right into the background.

多神奇!这又是两只雄性在搏斗。

Positively amazing.Here's two males fighting.

当然,这些头足类非常聪明,

Once again, they're smart enough, these cephalopods;

他们知道如何不会伤害到对方。 they know not to hurt each other.

不过看下它们能够利用皮肤来变换图案。怎么样? But look at the patterns that they can do with their skin.

很神奇吧!

That's an amazing thing.

这是个章鱼。有时候,它们不想被别人发现它们在移动,

Here's an octopus. Sometimes they don't want to be seen when they move

因为那些食肉动物会发现它们。 because predators can see them.

看,这个家伙把自己弄的像石头一样,

Here, this guy actually can make himself look like a rock,

观察着它周围的环境,

and, looking at his environment,

然后滑过水底,

can actually slide across the bottom,

利用波纹和阴影来隐藏自己,从而不被发现。 using the waves and the shadows so he can't be seen.

就是这样,无声无息地融入环境之中。 His motion blends right into the background --

这就是移动石头的手法。我们从浅海中学到了很多新东西。

the moving rock trick. So, we're learning lots new from the shallow water.

继续来探索下深海领域, Still exploring the deep,

同时从浅海中学到很多新东西。

but learning lots from the shallow water.

这有个原因来解释:在浅海里,

There's a good reason why: the shallow water's

到处都是捕猎者。这是条梭鱼。 full of predators -- here's a barracuda --

如果你是条章鱼或是头足类动物的话, and if you're an octopus or a cephalopod,

你确实需要知道怎么利用周围的环境来隐藏自己。 you need to really understand how to use your surroundings to hide.

下个画面里,你可以看到一个美丽的珊瑚。

In the next scene, you're going to see a nice coral bottom.

你会发现,一条章鱼

And you see that an octopus would stand out

我以为是电脑特效。让我们看看倒放。

如果不进行伪装,极易被发现。

very easily there if you couldn't use your camouflage,

伪装是改变你皮肤的颜色和纹理。 use your skin to change color and texture.

前面这里有些海藻,

Here's some algae in the foreground ...

还有一条章鱼。难道不神奇么?不过现在,显然Roger(摄影师)吓到了它,

and an octopus. Ain't that amazing? Now, Roger spooked him

它马上释放烟雾弹——墨水来掩护逃脱。 so he took off in a cloud of ink, and when he

当它停下来,会想,“啊,我被发现了, lands the octopus says, "Oh, I've been seen.

那我最好变到最大来保护下自己。

The best thing to do is to get as big as I can get."

那片棕色让它的眼睛看起来十分大。 That big brown makes his eyespot very big.

它在唬人。让我们看一次倒放。

So, he's bluffing. Let's do it backwards --

我第一次看到的时候还以为他在开玩笑呢。{ted演讲稿教育}.

I thought he was joking when he first showed it to me.

I thought it was all graphics -- so here it is in reverse.

注意看它皮肤的颜色,以及皮肤的纹理。 Watch the skin color; watch the skin texture.

多么神奇的动物,可以改变自己的颜色和质地 Just an amazing animal, it can change color and texture

来变得和背景一样。看它消失在海藻中。

to match the surroundings. Watch him blend right into this algae.

一,二,三。

One, two, three. (Applause)

它不见了,我也该下去了。谢谢大家!

And now he's gone, and so am I. Thank you very much.

ted演讲稿教育篇三

ted 部分演讲稿

TED:过一种沉浸的人生

I have been spending a lot of time traveling around the world these days talking to groups of students and professionals. And everywhere I am finding that I hear similar themes. On the one hand, people say" The time for change is now." They want to be part of it. They talk about wanting lives of purpose and greater

meaning. But on the other hand, I hear people talking about fear, a sense of risk aversion. They say, "I really want to follow a life of purpose, but I do not know where to start. I so not want to disappoint my family or friends."I work in global poverty. And they say," I want to work in global poverty, but what will it mean about my career? Will I be marginalized? Will I not make enough money? Will I never get married or have children? And as a woman who did not get

married until I was a lot older and I am glad I waited. And has no children. I look at these young people and I say, "Your job is not to be perfect. Your job is only to

be human. And nothing important happens in life without a cost." These conversation really reflect what was happening at the national and international level. Our leaders and ourselves went everything but we do not talk about the cost, we do not talk about the sacrifice. One of my favourite quotes from literature was written by Tillie Olsen, the great American writer from the South. In a short story called "Oh, Yes." She talks about a white woman in the 1950s who has a daughter who be friends a little Africa American girl. And she looks at her child with a sense of pride, but she also wonders, what price will she pay?"Better immersion than to live untouched." But the real

question is, what is the cost of not daring? What the cost of not trying? I have been so privileged in my life to know extraordinary leaders who have chosen to live of immersion. One woman I knew who was a fellow at a program that ran at the Rockfeller

Foundation was named Ingrid Wshinawatok. She was a

leader of the Menominee trible, a Native American peoples. And when we would gather as fellows, she would push us to think about how the elders in Native American culture make decisions. And she said they would literally visualize the faces of children for seven generations into the future, looking at them from the Earth. And they would look at them holding them as stewards for the future. Ingrid understood that we are connected to each other, not only human beings. But to every living thing on the planet. And tragically, in 1999 when she was in Columbia working with the U ' wa people, focused on preserving their culture and language, she and two colleagues were abducted and tortured and killed by the FARC. And whenever we would gather the fellows after that, we would leave chair empty for her spirit. And more than a decade

later, when I talk to NGO fellows, whether in Trenton, New Jersey or the office of the White House, and we talk about Ingrid, they all say that they are trying to

integrate her wisdom and her spirit and really build on the unfulfilled work of her life 's mission. And when we think about legacy. I can think of no more powerful one, despite how short her life was. And I have been touched by Cambodian women, beautiful women,

women who held the traditional of the classical dance in Cambodia. And I met them in the early 90s. In the 1970s under the Pol Pot regime, the Khmer Rouge killed over a million people. And they focused and targeted the elites and the intellectuals, the artists, the dancer. And at the end of the war, there were only 30 of these classical dancers still living. And the women who I was so privileged to meet when three were there survivors, told these stories about lying in their cots in the refugee camps. They said they would trying so hard to remember the fragments of the dance, hoping that others were alive and doing the same. And one woman stood there with this perfect carriage, her hands at her side, and she talked about

the reunion of the 30 after the war and how

extraordinary it was. And these big tears fell down her face, but she never lifted her hands to move them. And the women decided that they would train, not the next generation of girls, because they had grown too old already but the next generation. And I set there in the studio, watching these women clapping their hands beautiful rhythms as these little fairy pixies were dancing around them, wearing these beautiful silk colors. And I thought, after all this atrocity, this is how human beings really pray. Because they are

focused on honoring what is most beautiful about their past and building it into the promise of our future. And what these women understood is sometimes the most important things that we do and that we spend our time on are those things that we can not measure. I also have been touched by the dark side of power and leadership. And I have learned that power, particularly in its absolute from is an equal opportunity provider.

ted演讲稿教育篇四

TED 演讲稿 如何成为一个更好的交谈者?

如何成为一个更好的交谈者?

All right, I want to see a show of hands how many of you have unfriended someone on Facebook because they said something offensive about politics or religion, childcare, food? And how many of you know at least one person that you avoid because you just don’t want to talk to them? 好的,我想让大家举手示意一下,有多少人曾经在Facebook上拉黑过好友,因为他们发表过关于政治,宗教,儿童权益,或者食物等,不恰当的言论,有多少人至少有一个不想见的人,因为你就是不想和对方说话?

You know, it used to be that in order to have a polite conversation, we just had to follow the advice of Henry Higgins in “My Fair Lady”: Stick to the weather and your health. But these days, with climate change and anti-vaxxing, those subjects—are not safe either. So this world that we live in, this world in which every conversation has the potential to devolve into an argument, where our politicians can’t speak to one another, and where even the most trivial of issues have someone fighting both passionately for it and against it, it’s not normal. Pew Research did a study of 10,000 American adults, and they found that at this moment, we are more polarized; we are more divided than we ever have been in history.

要知道,在过去想要一段礼貌的交谈我们只要遵循亨利﹒希金斯在《窈窕淑女》中的忠告,只谈论天气和你的健康状况就行了。但这些年随着气候变化以及反对疫苗运动的开展——这招不怎么管用了。因此,在我们生活的这个世界,这个每一次交谈,都有可能发展为争论的世界,政客无法彼此交谈,甚至为那些鸡毛蒜皮的事情。都有人群情绪激昂地赞成或者反对,这太不正常了。皮尤研究中心对一万名美国成年人做了一次调查,发现此刻我们的偏激程度,我们立场鲜明的程度,比历史上任何时期都要高。

We are less likely to compromise, which means we’re not listening to each other. And we make decisions about where to live, who to marry and even who our friends are going to be based on what we already believe. Again, that means we’re not listening to each other. A conversation requires a balance between talking and listing, and somewhere along the way, we lost that balance. Now, part of that is due to technology. The smartphones that you all either have in your hands or close enough that you could grab them really quickly.

我们更不倾向于妥协,这意味着我们没有倾听彼此。我们做的各种决定,选择生活在何处,与谁结婚甚至和谁交朋友,都只基于我们已有的信念。再重复一遍,这只说明我们没有倾诉彼此。交谈需要平静讲述和倾听,而不知怎么的,我们却偏偏失去了这种平衡。技术进步是部分原因,比如智能手机,现在就在你们手里,或者就在旁边,随手就能拿到。

According to the Pew Research, About a third of American teenagers send more than a hundred texts a day. And many of them, almost most of them, are more likely to text their friends than they are to talk to them face to face. There’s this great piece in The Atlantic. It was written by a high school teacher named Paul Barnwell. And he gave his kids a communication project. He wanted to teach them how to speak on a specific subject without using notes. And he said this:” I came to realize…”“I came to realize that conversational competence might be the single most overlooked skill we fail to teach. Kids spend hours each day engaging with ideas and each other through screens, but rarely do they have an opportunity to hone their interpersonal communications skills. It might sound like a funny question, but we have to ask ourselves. Is there any 21st-century skill more important than being able to sustain coherent, confident conversation?”

根据皮尤的研究,大约三分之一的美国青少年每天发送超过一百条短信。而着中间很多人,几乎是所有人,更倾向于给朋友发短信,而不是面对面的交谈。《大西洋》杂志等过一篇很棒的文章,作者是高中教室保罗

﹒巴恩维尔。他给自己的学生一项交流任务,希望教会他们如何不借助笔记针对某一怀胎发表演讲。然后他说:“我开始意识到…我开始意识到交流能力,可能是最被我们忽视的,没有好好教授的技能。孩子每天花费数小时通过屏幕接触创意和其他伙伴,但很少有机会去发觉自己的人际交往技能。”着听起来很好笑,但我们必须问问自己:“21实际,有什么技能会比维持一段连贯,自信的谈话更为重要?”

Now, I make my living talking to people: Nobel Prize winners, truck drivers, billionaires, kindergarten teachers, heads of state, plumbers. I talk to people that I like. I talk to people that I don’t like. I talk to some people that I disagree with deeply on a personal level. But I still have a great conversation with them. So I’d like to spend the next 10 minutes or so teaching you how to talk and how to listen. Many of you have already heard a lot of advice on this, things like look the person in the eye, things of interesting topics to discuss in advance, look, nod and smile to show that you’re paying attention, repeat back what you just heard or summarize it. So I want you to forget all of that. It is crap. There is no reason to learn how to show you’re paying attention, if you are in fact paying attention. Now, I actually use the exact same skills as a professional interviewer that I do in regular life. So, I’m going to teach you how to interview people, and that’s actually going to help you learn how to be better conversationalists.

现在,我的职业就是跟别人谈话。诺贝尔奖获得者、卡车司机、亿万富翁、幼儿园老师、州长、水管工。我和我喜欢的人交谈,也和我不喜欢的人交谈。我和在个人层面非常不同的人交谈。但我人就和他们有很好的交流。所以我希望接下来的10分钟教你们如何谈话,以及如何倾听。你们中间很多人以及听过无数建议,比如看着对方的眼睛,提前想好可以讨论的有趣话题,注视,点头并且微笑来表明你的专注,重复你刚才听到的,或者做总结。我想让你们忘掉所有这些,全部没用。根本没有必要去学习如何表现你的很专心,如果你确实很专心。我其实是把作为职业访谈者一模一样的技巧,用在了日常生活中。好,我要来教你们如何采访他人,这其实会帮助你们学习如何成为更好的沟通者。

Learn to have a conversation without wasting your time, without getting bored, and, please God, without offending anybody. We’ve all had really great conversations. We’ve had them before. We know what it’s like. The kind of conversation where you walk away feeling engaged and inspired, or where you feel like you’ve made a real connection or you’ve been perfectly understood. There is no reason why most of your interactions can’t be like that. So I have 10 basic rules. I’m going to walk you through all of them, but honestly, if you just choose one of them and master it, you’ll already enjoy better conversations.

学习开始一段交谈,不浪费时间,不感到无聊,以及最重要的是,不冒犯任何人。我们都曾有过很棒的交谈。我们曾有过,我们知道那是什么感觉,那种结束之后令你感到很享受,很受鼓舞的交谈,或者令你觉得你和别人建立了真实的连接,或者让你完全得到了他人的理解。没有理由说,你大部分人际互动不能成为那样,我有10条基本规则,我会一条条给你们解释,但说真的,如果你选择一条并且熟练掌握,你就已经可以享受更愉快的交谈了。

Number one: Don't multitask. And I don't mean just set down your cell phone or your tablet or your car keys or whatever is in your hand. I mean, be present. Be in that moment. Don't think about your argument you had with your boss. Don't think about what you're going to have for dinner. If you want to get out of the conversation, get out of the conversation, but don't be half in it and half out of it.

第一条:不要三心二意。我不是说单纯放下你的手机、平板电脑、车钥匙,或者随便什么握在手里的东西。我的意思是,处在当下。进入那个情境中去。不要想着你之前和老板的争吵。不要想着你晚饭吃什么。如果你想退出交谈,就退出交谈。但不要身在曹营心在汉。

Number two: Don't pontificate. If you want to state your opinion without any opportunity for response or argument or pushback or growth, write a blog. Now, there's a really good reason why

I don't allow pundits on my show: Because they're really boring. If they're conservative, they're going to hate Obama and food stamps and abortion. If they’re liberal, they're going to hate big banks and oil corporations and Dick Cheney. Totally predictable. And you don't want to be like that. You need to enter every conversation assuming that you have something to learn. The famed therapist M. Scott Peck said that true listening requires a setting aside of oneself. And sometimes that means setting aside your personal opinion. He said that sensing this acceptance, the speaker will become less and less vulnerable and more and more likely to open up the inner recesses of his or her mind to the listener. Again, assume that you have something to learn. Bill Nye: "Everyone you will ever meet knows something that you don't." I put it this way: Everybody is an expert in something.

第二条:不要好为人师。如果你想要表达自己的看法,又不想留下任何机会让人回应、争论、反驳或阐发,写博客去。有个很好的理由来说明我的谈话里为什么不允许有“专家说教”:因为真的很无聊。如果对方是个保守派,那一定讨厌奥巴马、食品券和堕胎。如果对方是个自由派,那一定会讨厌大银行、石油公司和迪克·切尼。完全可以预测的。你肯定不希望那样。你需要在进入每一次交流时都假定自己可以学习到一些东西。著名的治疗师M.斯科特·派克说过,真正的倾听需要把自己放在一边。有时候,这意味着把你的个人观点放在一边。他说感受到这种接纳,说话的人会变得越来越不脆弱敏感,因而越来越有可能打开自己的内心世界, 呈现给倾听者。 再强调一遍,假定你需要学习新东西。比尔·奈伊说:“每一个你将要见到的人都有你不知道的东西。”我来复述一下:每个人都是某方面的专家。

Number three: Use open-ended questions. In this case, take a cue from journalists. Start your questions with who, what, when, where, why or how. If you put in a complicated question, you’re going to get a simple answer out. If I ask you "Were you terrified?" you're going to respond to the most powerful word in that sentence, which is "terrified and the answer is "Yes, I was" or "No, I wasn’t." "Were you angry?" "Yes, I was very angry." Let them describe it. They're the ones that know. Try asking them things like, "What was that like?" "How did that feel?" Because then they might have to stop for a moment and think about it, and you're going to get a much more interesting response.

第三点:使用开放式问题。关于这一点,请参考记者采访的提问方式。以“谁”、“ 什么”、“ 何时”、“ 何地”、“ 为什么”或“如何”开始提问。如果你询问一个复杂的问题将会得到一个简单的回答。如果我问你:“你当时恐惧吗?”你会回应那句话中最有力的词,即“恐惧”,而答案将是 “是的”或者“不是”。“你当时气愤吗?”“是的,我当时气得很。”让对方去描述,对方才是了解情境的人。 试着这样问对方:“那是什么样子?”,“你感觉怎么样?”因为这样一来,对方可能需要停下来想一想,而你会得到更有意思的回答。

Number four: Go with the flow. That means thoughts will come into your mind and you need to let them go out of your mind. We've heard interviews often in which a guest is talking for several minutes and then the host comes back in and asks a question which seems like it comes out of nowhere, or it's already been answered. That means the host probably stopped listening two minutes ago because he thought of this really clever question, and he was just bound and determined to say that. And we do the exact same thing. We're sitting there having a conversation with someone, and then we remember that time that we met Hugh Jack man in a coffee shop.

第四点:顺其自然。也就是说,想法会自然流入你的头脑,而你需要将它们表达出来。我们常听到采访中嘉宾说了几分钟,然后主持人回过来问问题,这问题好像不知道从何而来或者已经被回答过了。这说明主持人可能两分钟前就没在听,因为他想到了这个非常机智的问题,于是就心心念念想着问这个问题。我们同样也会这么干。当我们和某人坐在一起交谈时,我们突然想起那次和休·杰克曼在咖啡店的偶遇。

Number five: If you don't know, say that you don't know. Now, people on the radio, especially on NPR, are much more aware that they're going on the record, and so they're more careful about what they claim to be an expert in and what they claim to know for sure. Do that. Err on the side of caution. Talk should not be cheap.

第五点:如果你不知道,就说你不知道。广播节目里的人,尤其在全国公共广播电台(NPR)中,非常明白他们的谈话会被播放出去。所以他们对自己声称专业的地方以及言之凿凿的东西会更加小心。要学着这样做,谨言慎行,谈话应该是负责任的行为。

Number six: Don’t equate your experience with theirs. If they're talking about having lost a family member, don't start talking about the time you lost a family member. If they're talking about the trouble they're having at work, don't tell them about how much you hate your job. It's not the same. It is never the same. All experiences are individual. And, more importantly, it is not about you. You don’t need to take that moment to prove how amazing you are or how much you’ve suffered. Somebody asked Stephen Hawking once what his IQ was, and he said, "I have no idea. People who brag about their IQs are losers."

第六条:不要把自己的经历和他人比较。如果对方谈论失去了家人,不要就势开始说你失去家人的事情。如果对方在说工作上的困扰,不要告诉他们你多么讨厌你的工作。这不一样的,永远不可能一样。任何经历都是独一无二的。而且,更重要的是,这不是在谈论你的事。你不需要在此刻证明你多么能干,或者你经受了多少痛苦。有人曾问史蒂芬·霍金他的智商是多少,他回答道:“我不知道。拿智商吹牛的人都是屌丝。”

Number seven: Try not to repeat yourself. It's condescending, and it's really boring, and we tend to do it a lot. Especially in work conversations or in conversations with our kids, we have a point to make, so we just keep rephrasing it over and over. Don't do that.

第七条:尽量别重复自己的话。这很咄咄逼人,也很无聊。但我们很容易这样做。尤其是在工作交谈中,或者和孩子的交谈中。我们想声明一个观点,于是换着方式不停地说,别这样。

Number eight: Stay out of the weeds. Frankly, people don't care about the years, the names, the dates, all those details that you're struggling to come up with in your mind. They don't care. What they care about is you. They care about what you're like, what you have in common. So forget the details. Leave them out.

第八条:少说废话。说白了,没人在乎那些年份、名字、日期等等这些你努力试图在脑中回想的种种细节,别人不在乎,他们关注的是你,对方关心你是什么样的人,和你有什么共同点。所以忘掉细节吧,别管它们。

Number nine: This is not the last one, but it is the most important one. Listen. I cannot tell you how many really important people have said that listening is perhaps the most, the number one most important skill that you could develop. Buddha said, and I'm paraphrasing, "If your mouth is open, you’re not learning." And Calvin Coolidge said, "No man ever listened his way out of a job."

第九条:这不是最后一条,但是最重要的一条。认真倾听。我说不上来到底有多少重要人士都说过倾听可能是最重要的,第一重要的你可以提升的技能。 佛曰——我转述一下,“如果你嘴不停,你就学不到东西。”卡尔文·柯立芝曾说:“从没有人是因为听太多而被开除的。”

One more rule, number 10, and it's this one: Be brief. [A good conversation is like a miniskirt; short enough to retain interest, but long enough to cover the subject. -- My Sister] All of this boils down to the same basic concept, and it is this one: Be interested in other people. You know, I grew up with a very famous grandfather, and there was kind of a ritual in my home. People would come over to talk to my grandparents, and after they would leave, my mother would come over to us,

and she'd say, "Do you know who that was? She was the runner-up to Miss America. He was the mayor of Sacramento. She won a Pulitzer Prize. He's a Russian ballet dancer." And I kind of grew up assuming everyone has some hidden, amazing thing about them. And honestly, I think it's what makes me a better host. I keep my mouth shut as often as I possibly can, I keep my mind open, and I'm always prepared to be amazed, and I'm never disappointed. You do the same thing. Go out, talk to people, listen to people, and, most importantly, be prepared to be amazed.

最后一条,第十条:简明扼要。“好的交谈就像恰到好处的迷你裙;足够短,能够吸引人,又足够长,能够包纳(盖住)主体——我妹妹的比喻”所有这些都浓缩成同一个概念,那就是:对他人产生兴趣。我在一个名人外公的身边长大, 我家里宾客络绎不绝。访客会前来和我的外祖父母交谈,而那些人离开后,我母亲会过来对我们说:“你们知道那是谁吗?她是美国小姐的亚军。他是萨克拉门托市长。她拿过普利策奖。他是俄罗斯芭蕾舞蹈家。”我在成长中默认了每个人都有不为人知的精彩。说真的,我想是这一切让我成为了更好的主持人。我尽量少说话,但开放自己的思想,永远准备着大吃一惊,而我从不会感到失望。你们也可以这样。走出门去,和别人交谈,听别人说,以及最重要的,准备好大吃一惊。

Thanks. 谢谢。

ted演讲稿教育篇五

TED有趣演讲稿

我知道你们在想什么,你们觉得我迷路了,马上就会有人走上台温和地把我带回我的座

位上。(掌声)。我在迪拜总会遇上这种事。“来这里度假的吗,亲爱的?”(笑声)“来探望孩

子的吗?这次要待多久呢? 恩,事实上,我希望能再待久一点。我在波斯湾这边生活和教书已经超过30年了。(掌

{ted演讲稿教育}.

声)这段时间里,我看到了很多变化。现在这份数据是挺吓人的,而我今天要和你们说的是

有关语言的消失和英语的全球化。我想和你们谈谈我的朋友,她在阿布达比教成人英语。在

一个晴朗的日子里,她决定带她的学生到花园去教他们一些大自然的词汇。但最后却变成是

她在学习所有当地植物在阿拉伯语中是怎么说的。还有这些植物是如何被用作药材,化妆品,

烹饪,香草。这些学生是怎么得到这些知识的呢?当然是从他们的祖父母,甚至曾祖父母那

里得来的。不需要我来告诉你们能够跨代沟通是多么重要。 but sadly, today, languages are dying at an unprecedented rate. a language dies

every 14 days. now, at the same time, english is the undisputed global language. could{ted演讲稿教育}.

there be a connection? well i dont know. but i do know that ive seen a lot of changes.

when i first came out to the gulf, i came to kuwait in the days when it was still

a hardship post. actually, not that long ago. that is a little bit too early. but nevertheless, i was

recruited by the british council along with about 25 other teachers. and we were the first non-muslims to teach in the state schools

there in kuwait. we were brought to teach english because the government wanted to

modernize the country and empower the citizens through education. and of course, the

u.k. benefited from some of that lovely oil wealth. 但遗憾的是,今天很多语言正在

以前所未有的速度消失。每14天就有一种语言消失,而与此同时,英语却无庸置疑地成为全

球性的语言。这其中有关联吗?我不知道。但我知道的是,我见证过许多改变。初次来到海

湾地区时,我去了科威特。当时教英文仍然是个困难的工作。其实,没有那么久啦,这有点

太久以前了。总之,我和其他25位老师一起被英国文化协会聘用。我们是第一批非穆斯林的

老师,在科威特的国立学校任教。我们被派到那里教英语,是因为当地政府希望国家可以现

代化并透过教育提升公民的水平。当然,英国也能得到些好处,产油国可是很有钱的。 okay. now this is the major change that ive seen -- how teaching english has

morphed from being a mutually english-speaking nation on earth. and why not? after all, the best education --

according to the latest world university rankings -- is to be found in the universities

{ted演讲稿教育}.

of the u.k. and the u.s. so everybody wants to have an english education, naturally.

but if youre not a native speaker, you have to pass a test. 言归正传,我见过最大的改变,就是英语教学的蜕变如何从一个互惠互利的行为变成今

天这种大规模的国际产业。英语不再是学校课程里的外语学科,也不再只是英国的专利。英

语(教学)已经成为所有英语系国家追逐的潮流。何乐而不为呢?毕竟,最好的教育来自于

最好的大学,而根据最新的世界大学排名,那些名列前茅的都是英国和美国的大学。所以自

然每个人都想接受英语教育,但如果你不是以英文为母语,你就要通过考试。 now can it be right to reject a student on linguistic ability well, i dont think so. we english teachers reject them all the time. we put a

stop sign, and we stop them in their tracks. they cant pursue their dream any longer,

till they get english. now let me put it this way, if i met a dutch speaker who had the cure for cancer, would i stop him from entering my british

university? i dont think so. but indeed, that is exactly what we do. we english

teachers are the

gatekeepers. and you have to satisfy us first that your english is good enough.

now it can be dangerous to give too much power to a narrow segment of society. maybe

the barrier would be too universal. 但仅凭语言能力就拒绝学生这样对吗?譬如如果你碰到一位天才计算机科学家,但他会

需要有和律师一样的语言能力吗?我不这么认为。但身为英语老师的我们,却总是拒绝他们。

我们处处设限,将学生挡在路上,使他们无法再追求自己的梦想,直到他们通过考试。现在

容我换一个方式说,如果我遇到了一位只会说荷兰话的人,而这个人能治愈癌症,我会阻止

他进入我的英国大学吗?我想不会。但事实上,我们的确在做这种事。我们这些英语老师就

是把关的。你必须先让我们满意,使我们认定你的英文够好。但这可能是危险的。把太多的

权力交由这么小的一群人把持,也许会令这种障碍太过普及。 okay. but, i hear you say, what about the research? its all in english. so the

books are in english, the journals are done in english, but that is a self-fulfilling .

it feeds the english requirement. and so it goes on. i ask you, what happened to

上一篇:一横爱国演讲稿
下一篇:一年级民族团结演讲稿

Copyright @ 2013 - 2018 学习网 All Rights Reserved

学习网 版权所有 京ICP备16605803号